Friday, February 27, 2009

Chocolate Cheesecake Pie

I usually make pumpkin cheesecake, but without easy access to pumpkin filling in Taipei, I decided it was time to try something new. And since I don't have a springform pan, I splurged on a premade graham cracker pie crust (also impossible to find graham crackers here) at the local gourmet shop. So here's a cheesecake in pie format.
  • 1 ready made graham cracker pie crust (or make your own)
  • 2 packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2-2/3 c sugar
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 t vanilla
  • 3/4 t almond
  • 1/2 c chocolate chips, melted
  1. Blend the cream cheese and sugar until smooth (I did this by hand and it came out a little lumpy, which doesn't affect the taste so much as the presentation).
  2. Mix in eggs.
  3. Stir in chocolate and extracts.
  4. Pour into pie crust. Spread evenly.
  5. Bake 45 min at 180C (until set). Cool 10 minutes.
  6. Refrigerate until set.
Variations
A lot of recipes use sour cream or heavy cream. Both of these are hard to come by here, so I used this relatively simple recipe. Instead of the extracts you could try a splash of Baileys.

No comments: