Sunday, April 12, 2009

Cheesecake with Sour Cream

I've been experimenting with sour cream recipes (banana bread, tacos, apple pie filling, and now this) lately. This one came out nicely, but I think I still prefer my old pumpkin cheesecake for the additional flavor. I might try this again and add some lemon juice or an oreo layer. Based on the original from allrecipes.
  • 2 pkg cream cheese, room temperature/softened
  • 3/4 c sugar
  • 3/8 c milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 c sour cream
  • 1.5 t vanilla
  • 2 T flour
  • graham cracker crusts
  1. Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
  2. Add the sugar and stir until well combined.
  3. Blend in the milk.
  4. Mix in eggs, one at a time.
  5. Add sour cream, vanilla and flour. Stir until combined, but don't overmix it (otherwise you'll get lots of air bubbles, which will later cause an uneven surface).
  6. Pour into prepared crusts. I used one 9" pie plate and 6 mini tarts (though the filling amount was more suitable for just 5 mini tarts).
  7. Bake full pie at 175C for 1 hour. Bake mini tarts for 30 min. Leave inside the oven to cool, for several hours. Transfer to refrigerator and chill for another 5-6 hours.

No comments: